CLFA member Robert Cooperman reports that there are still a few tickets left for his inaugural festival of Conservative theater. And at a mere $10 for half a dozen plays, the festival promises to be an incredible deal for those on the right who are sick of seeing their values shut out of a culture they love.
The featured plays will include:
- The Truth Will Out by Ron Frankel. The son of a progressive Upper West Side family informs his father that he has joined a conservative Republican group, and that he is now gay, to boot. Guess what bothers his father more?
- Spare Some Change by CJ Erlich. An entrepreneurial homeless man tries to convince a businesswoman to invest in his lunch.
- The University Chalk Circle by Gary Wadley. What happens when the liberal silliness taught in our universities meets reality; when “Epic Drama” embraces political correctness?
- That N**’s Crazy by Pete Riesenberg. This play asks the question whether that word can ever be used by a white man, even in the context of Richard Pryor’s 1974 album title.
- A Subject of Inquiry by Carl Williams. The debate surrounding evolution and intelligent design is no debate at all in the public classroom when the government forbids a teacher from entertaining any such discussion.
- Drop the Barbie! by Robert Cooperman. A contemporary couple attempts to keep its offspring from thinking conservative thoughts.
Visit the Festival website to learn more. CLFA encourages all enthusiasts in the Columbus area to get out there and support Right arts!